The Eastern Ghats Wildlife Society (EGWS) is a not-for-profit organization which promotes community-based wildlife conservation in the Eastern Ghats region of South India through education, conservation-oriented research, public participation, institutional capacity building and sustainable development. It is registered under the Andhra Pradesh Societies Registration Act, 2001 with a vision to conserve the bio-diversity of Eastern Ghats through harmonizing public with nature.
Our key work areas include
- Wildlife and biodiversity surveys
- Wildlife conservation education and public awareness programs
- Facilitate citizen science projects to encourage participatory approach for conservation
- Human-wildlife conflict management
- Engaging local communities in protection of wild habitats
- Create win-win setting for both people and wildlife to ensure long term survival of flora and fauna of Eastern Ghats.